Big Dance 2012
- The Suffolk Schools Dance Jam is a performance platform specifically for schools and colleges across the county. It provides an opportunity for young people to showcase their work to a wider audience in a professional theatre.
- DanceEast’s Spectacular Dancing Spiegeltent offered a fantastic fortnight of workshops and performances in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, as part of Big Dance 2012 and Ip-art.
- DanceEast Academy students performed Shift, a piece choreographed by Tamzin Fitzgerald, at St Pancras
Station, London, for the launch of Big Dance 2012.
- Talented young dancers and musicians from the DanceEast Academy and
Aldeburgh Young Musicians got a once in a lifetime chance to
perform in front of 12,000 people in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, for the Olympic
Torch Relay Concert in July.
- Polonaise on the Pier was opened by Tatry Dance, followed by a performance of Polonaise by children from Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School and Friars Primary School and Nursery, Southend-On-Sea. Although the event didn't take place on Southend Pier (due to
the weather it took place at The Royals Shopping Centre), it was still
danced beautifully with a live video link to Southend’s twin city,
Background image: The Jerwood DanceHouse and The Mill illuminated as part of Ip-art 2010. Tim Underwood.