Code of conduct at the DanceEast Academy
The DanceEast Academy is designed to enable young dancers to equip
themselves with the skills and behaviour that will help prepare them for
professional training, and a career in dance. Students are expected to
behave in a respectful manner. In return, students can expect that
DanceEast and DanceEast Academy staff will treat them with respect, and
provide a consistently high level of training and care.
What is expected from DanceEast Academy students:
Attitude: Students should:
- Focus in sessions: concentrate, listen and apply corrections.
- Be enthusiastic, committed and interested in learning.
- Act in a respectful and supportive manner to staff and fellow students at all times.
- Support, encourage and work sensibly with fellow students at all times.
- Take responsibility for their learning and carry out homework or any practice of corrections in between sessions.
- Appear in correct uniform in a presentable manner at all times.
- If something is not understood, students should ask a member of staff who will be happy to spend time explaining.
- If students or families feel that changes need to be made to the Individual Training Plan (ITP) they should talk to the Academy team.
- Students should inform the Academy management and tutors of any illness or injury prior to the beginning of each class, to ensure that they are being taught safely.
- Students should inform the tutor immediately if they are injured or fall ill during a session.
Safety and courtesy
- Students are expected to attend and participate in classes when possible.
- If a student has a contagious illness they should not attend a class. To inform the team phone 01473 295230 during office hours or 07979 931543 on the day.
- If a student has an injury they are expected to attend all sessions to watch classes and make notes.
- If students are more than 10 minutes late to a practical class they will not be allowed to participate for their own safety.
- Eating in the studios and chewing gum during class is not allowed.
- No food or drink except bottled water should be brought into the studio.
- Mobile telephones should be switched off or left on ‘silent’ mode, and should only be used during break times.
- Deliver the highest quality pre-vocational training. This includes teaching and music staff, lesson content, and other opportunities.
- Inform students of any changes to sessions or the course that will affect them or their family as soon as possible.
- Provide a clean and safe environment for dance.
- Deliver a training plan that is tailored to the students' needs.
- Have the best interest of the students at heart.
- Ensure that opportunities available are maximised, with particular reference to working with professional artists and companies.
- Treat students with dignity and respect at all times.
- Be honest about feedback and advice given.
Contact the DanceEast Academy
The DanceEast Academy is always looking to meet talented young people who will
benefit from the training. To find out more call the team on: 01473
295230 / email email@example.com
Photo: Rachel Cherry