National Choreographic Centre @ DanceEast
2nd LAB - Music & Dance: A True Collaboration, 13 - 24 August 2012
For its second Choreographic LAB, DanceEast is seeking four choreographers and four composers with a minimum of three years experience in making work in a range of genres. This is an intensive two week residential LAB taking place from 13 - 24 August, 2012 at the Jerwood DanceHouse in Ipswich, Suffolk, focusing on music and dance.
The LAB will be under the Artistic Directorship of Choreographer, Kim Brandstrup
and Cellist/Producer in New Music, Oliver Coates
. There will also be musicians and dancers available to work with the choreographers/composers over the two week period from a mix of backgrounds and of an extremely high standard.
A fee, accommodation and meals will be provided.
ALL applicants must submit:
- A CV (maximum two sides of A4).
- A statement (maximum two sides of A4) to include:
- Why you wish to take part in the LAB at this point in your professional career.
- What you wish to gain from the experience of an intensive two week LAB.
- What your interest is in the collaboration between composers and choreographers.
Choreographers must also submit:
Composers must also submit:
- Online links of recent work (five minutes and no other supporting material required).
- Evidence of three pieces of music, of any length, at least two represented by notation; at least two represented by online audio/visual recording.
Participants do not need to prepare any specific material in advance of the LAB.
Download the NCC Guidelines »
Deadline for applications: Applications have now closed