DanceEast Terms and Conditions
DanceEast aims to provide all those participating in activities with a high quality, safe and positive dance experience. As such DanceEast asks all participants to adhere to the terms and conditions stated below at all times:
DanceEast runs a no refund policy on all classes, workshops, performances and DanceCards.
Transfers for pre-booked classes will be permitted if notification of absence is given at least 24 hours prior to the start of the class. Anyone who gives notification of their absence less than 24 hours of the start will not be entitled to a transfer. Any transfers must be made to a class within a one week period of the original booking and to a class of equivalent value or less.
Please allow at least 15 minutes prior to the published class time for registration. This allows for a prompt start and ensures that you have time to warm up for the session. If you have already booked your class you will still need to register your arrival at the Box Office.
You must inform DanceEast of any relevant medical conditions when you enroll and ensure the tutor is aware of these conditions at the start of the class. You are advised to consult a doctor before changing your physical activity regime. If you experience any pain, discomfort or injury during your class, please inform the tutor.
For safety reasons, latecomers will not be admitted to classes after a discretionary time period as decided by the staff on duty. This discretion is class specific.
DanceEast asks that all participants abide by the Health & Safety requirements of the venue.
7. DanceEast sets maximum attendance capacities for every class. These are based on the Health and Safety requirements of the designated space and style of class and are also in place to ensure the delivery of a high quality dance class. These capacities are not discretionary, and attendees will be turned away if the maximum capacity has been reached. Entry to open classes works on a first come, first served basis. Pre- booking for classes will open one week in advance and can be made online, over the phone or in person (booking fees may apply). DanceEast does not accept reservations for pre-bookable classes.
DanceEast accepts no responsibility for any loss of property or personal injury at its events.
DanceEast asks that all participants behave in a courteous and appropriate manner to all staff members and at all times on the premises.
All participants are asked to remove jewellery, wear appropriate footwear or go in bare feet and refrain from eating or chewing gum during lessons as these put the safety of the participants at risk. Please ensure all mobile phones are turned off or are on silent before entering the class.
DanceEast requests that all participants wear appropriate attire to participate in classes. This is usually comfortable, loose fitting clothes that you can move easily in. Please do not wear denim to any classes. Some classes require specific attire or footwear. Please refer to class descriptions for details. Black soled trainers are not to be worn in the studios.
DanceEast reserves the right to substitute tutors, vary the advertised programme or cancel classes if necessary, without notification.
DanceEast reserves the right to take action if it considers that any individual is not acting in an appropriate manner or complying with the above terms. DanceEast staff reserve the right to refuse entry to classes at their discretion.
- There are no booking fees when you book online for performances at the Jerwood DanceHouse.
- A £1 booking fee applies to all bookings made over the phone and in person at the Box Office when paying by debit/credit card.
Multibuy Ticket Offer
- Where applicable, concessions are available to students, children, registered disabled and carers, those on income support and senior citizens. (ID required).
- Children defined as 13 years and under.
- Student concessions are those in full time education (14, 15 and 16 years) or those with valid student ID.
- Senior citizen discount is accepted from 60 years
- Save 20% on tickets.
- Applies only to an equivalent amount of tickets for each eligible show, when booked at the same time.
- Not available retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offers, including family tickets.
- This offer does not apply when booking more than one performance of the same show.
- This offer is bookable online, over the telephone and in person at the box office.
- To ensure that your visit is as smooth as possible, please call in advance to advise of any access needs or to reserve a wheelchair space.
- DanceEast reserves the right to substitute artists and vary the advertised programme if necessary.