Expressions of Interest are now open for DanceEast Open Call Winter Makerspace
During the last couple of weeks before our building closes for the holidays, DanceEast is happy to throw our doors open to artists seeking studio space. During this rare period in the DanceEast calendar when we’re free of other commitments, we’re able to support artists with studio space more than any other point in the year.
Open to all dance artists at any career stage, this relaxed residency offers space and freedom to work on projects, research new ideas, rehearse, or creative exploration with no outcomes at all! We will be prioritising East and Southeast based artists and striving to represent a range of artists and dance styles, but the offer is open to all.
4 x 5-day blocks – Mon 11th – Fri 15th December 9am-5pm (Week 1)
3 x 3-day blocks – Mon 18th – Weds 20th December 9am-5pm (Week 2)
To express your interest in our Winter Makerspace, please send over your availability and a short 100–200-word paragraph or 1-2 min video about your ideas for the time in the studio or the project that you’re working on via this google form: https://forms.gle/QL89SvZ5jnjtUNs36
It is important to know that offers will not be given based on the strength of your artistic ideas but logistics. Our aim is to fully populate with building with as many artists as we can fit into the schedule.
Offer opens: Mon 13th November 9am
Deadline: Monday 29th November 5pm
Offers by: Wednesday 29th November 5pm
Studio time: Between Mon 11th – Fri 15th and Mon 18th – Weds 20th Dec
What this offer includes:
- Hands-off studio time – space to explore, rehearse and move.
- A friendly warm welcome and support from our Box Office team to an accessible building.
- We are able to offer a maximum of 1 week, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, of studio time per artist/company.
- Gorgeous walks along the sunny Ipswich Waterfront (we’ll tell you the best ice-cream spots!).
What this offer does not include:
- Pressure or judgement to have a final outcome!
- Please note that this space cannot be used for chargeable activities e.g., classes with fees.
- The DanceEast team are often on holiday during this quieter time in our calendar with less activity, so we cannot provide technical, or staff support but we’d love to share the space with you.
- This booking will be non-transferable, and we will be unable to reschedule the space to later in the year.
- Cash funding support is not available.
- A contract of employment – this studio space is not a residency or work that will be paid for by DanceEast.
If you have any questions about this offer or would like to complete the google form over the phone, please contact Esther Alcock, Programme Coordinator, on Esther.Alcock@danceeast.co.uk or 01473 235581 (Mon – Fri 9AM-5.30PM). We’re happy to chat with you.