The Little Match Girl returns home for the festive period ten years after DanceEast originally commissioned the work.
Following a sell-out run in 2022, Jasmin Vardimon Company returns to DanceEast with ALiCE this spring.
Award-winning Mark Bruce Company returns to DanceEast to present Frankenstein - a double bill.
Interested in finding out more about the DanceEast CAT? This free Taster Workshop is aimed at male-identifying participants aged 10-16.
Bring your favourite storybook characters to life in our Once Upon a Dance day this February half term.
Join us for our fresh and funky spring-themed Baby Loves to Boogie, the best disco in town!
Our Level 1 Pilates class will develop your strength and flexibility, maintain mobility, body awareness and posture, and include a period of relaxation.
Our youth breakdance class is an upbeat, energised session, led by Isaac James.
Juniors will realise their full potential in this energetic, creative introduction to dance and movement.
Our Digital Primaries programme is recruiting schools for next academic year now!
Digital Primaries is an innovative dance education programme that enables cross-curricular learning. The programme provides high quality and creative regular dance classes for Years 1-6 and is an easy way to get dance into your school.
Key points about the programme include:
- PSHE and Science topics are taught through dance – new topics are in development.
- Sessions are devised and delivered by specialist dance artists and teachers, alongside education and curriculum advisers, and come with downloadable lesson plans.
- Digital Primaries enables cross-curricular learning, and supports positive health and wellbeing.
- Sessions are streamed live from DanceEast directly to schools, providing outstanding dance provision that is cost-effective, affordable and easy to access.
- Sessions are run on Zoom and tech support and can be provided.
- Sessions act as CPD and are confidence building for teachers, so they are equipped to continue providing dance for their classes. Specific CPD sessions to support teachers are also included in the programme.
To find out more, please contact Digital.Primaries@danceeast.co.uk
LET'S BECOME FRIENDS
With your help and support, we can provide dance opportunities for everyone
Our vision is a world where everyone values the extraordinary power of dance.
To be able to achieve this vision and continue providing extraordinary dance performances, life-affirming participatory opportunities for all and a dynamic, nurturing environment for artists at all stages of their careers, we need your support.Find out how you can get involved
OUR WORK WITH ARTISTS
Artists are at the heart of our organisation and we are committed to supporting them in a number of ways.
We have developed a reputation as a fantastic place to create new work; our first-class facilities, supportive environment and peaceful surroundings are perfect for artists looking to immerse themselves in their choreographic process. We provide residencies and production weeks in our studios, theatre and digital suite to a whole range of artists at different career stages.Find out more
VENUE HIRE AT OUR ICONIC BUILDING
Our house is your house
Whether you are hosting a private or corporate function, all spaces at the Jerwood DanceHouse are available for hire, offering an exciting location for a variety of events and special occasions.Find out more